Views
Helpful
Replies

Interactive Terminal Window not giving username prompt

ksoucy123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have an issue that began a few month's ago where users dialing into my AS5350 access servers (to authenticate) never get the username prompt in the interactive terminal window. We suspect an MS hotfix or something because the 5350's all check out, and using my home PC I do not experience problem (and I don't get force-fed the MS hotfixes either). Anyone experience a similar issue? We're running IOS 12.3 (14)T. TY

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Kevin

I have seen that symptom on AS5350 using the interactive window to allow users to authenticate. I have also wondered if it were the result of a Microsoft "fix". I have discovered that if the user will hit enter that they then get the prompt (and if fact if they just type their userID and hit enter it will be accepted).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Rick. Will give it a try. I know from my own testing that hitting "enter" does not produce the username prompt, but I'm guessing no one has attempted to enter username and enter anyway. Will try and post the results.

TY

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: