cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

outbound caller id on CME 4.1

jelzein
Level 1
Level 1

How can I get the full 10-digit originating number to show up during outbound calls? Right now, the dialed number on PSTN side gets the 4-digit extension.

This should be an easy one -- I've done this many times on CCM, 1st on CCME.

Thanks,

Jad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is more than one way. One is "dialplan-pattern 1 555123.... extension-length 4"

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is more than one way. One is "dialplan-pattern 1 555123.... extension-length 4"

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

beautiful - worked like a charm.

Great. For your information, you're one of the few users in the world allowed to send arbitrary numbers as caller-id. Use that wisely and don't pretend to be someone else, like the White House calling :)

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Nice to know :)

I ran into another problem - once I added the dialplan, calls stopped forwarding to voicemail after 3 rings...it would just go to busy. Removing it fixed the problem, but now i'm back to square one. How can I get both to play nice together?

The thing is likely now, calls going to VM are sent with the full calling number too.

Check debug ccsip message to confirm.

I think something can be done in the VM to accept these numbers as alias of the extension only, if not, there is a simple translation rule you can use instead

voice translation-profile make10

translate calling 10

voice translation-rule 10

rule 1 // /555123/

voice port x/y:23

translation-profile outgoing make10

Thanks again! That translation rule did the job just fine. I wasn't sure about the VM aliases, so didn't mess with that.

Jad

You are very welcome. Now the next part is when your customer will ask that certain extension present DID, others present pilot, and others again present "private" :)

Worry not we'll be here to answer that as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: