cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM5.1, what happen the users if rebuild the LDAP server?

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

Users pulled from previous LDAP server and also updated to associate IP phone and UDP. If I rebuild the LDAP server with same informaiton as previous one, is the users in CCM still keep same information such as device association or reset all by re-sync the fresh from new LDAP?

I want to apply this methodology if it works to staging the CCM before integration to the production LDAP server.

Thanks in advance,

2 Replies 2

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Thanks GONZALO,

As per doc, the sync agreement lookup the existing CCM account and mark to active for the matched.

Here is my scenario,

1. in the LAB, build same IP@, domain information as the production, and same users with userID, sn(last name) and telephonenumber. the production has more but I want to set only three attributes.

2. BAT update for the users to associate devices.

3. move the CCM to production environment and I guess automatically re-establish to the LDAP server since all same (IP@ and domain)

4. sync agreement will compare the account between CCM and LDAP, and will mark the CCM user active since the acconts are match, and will pulling all other attributes which configured in production LDAP into CCM.

If this work, I can save lots of time in customer site. minimize any activity in cutstomer site is best approach as you know.

Please advise whether it feasible!!!

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: