cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID Issue for Forwarded Calls CCM 4.0(2)

anandd
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing a peculiar issue with displaying original caller?s CLID when the IP phone is forwarded to some external phone.

Example:

IP phone #7777 has DID 03-5555-7777. The Pilot number of PRI is 03-5555-7000.

The phone is forwarded to an outside phone X.

When this phone calls any outside phone, the CLID displayed is 03-5555-7777.

But when an outside phone say, 080-6666-6666 calls IP phone 03-5555-7000, the call is forwarded to phone X but the CLID displayed on phone X is 03-5555-7000 and not 080-6666-6666.

If it helps, the provider is NTT in Japan. I tried using different PRIs of NTT but it always sends pilot number. Interestingly when I tried JT lines without changing any CCM settings, the CLID was displayed correctly (080-6666-6666).

But before jumping to ?Its da provider? conclusion, I want to make sure am not missing anything :)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anandd-san,

Normally, you are not allowed to present any number that is not been assigned to you as calling number and expect that is displayed o n the called phone. That would allow a malicious person to make calls pretending to be someone else.

You have found that the JT provider allows you to do that, that also happens in some places in the US, but it is an exception, not the rule.

Try asking NTT if they would allow you to do the same, let us know how it goes.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anandd-san,

Normally, you are not allowed to present any number that is not been assigned to you as calling number and expect that is displayed o n the called phone. That would allow a malicious person to make calls pretending to be someone else.

You have found that the JT provider allows you to do that, that also happens in some places in the US, but it is an exception, not the rule.

Try asking NTT if they would allow you to do the same, let us know how it goes.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Paolo-dono ;)

Thank you for the reply. It was great help. I do not think NTT will allow this anyway but this is understandable.

I just have one more doubt though. Is it possible to send the IP phone DID number intead of the pilot number.