Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 traffic shaping

luqmankondeth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to shape traffic on a gigabit interface (hardware is an LC single mode module) on a 6500 to 280Mbps. The interface mode shaping command lets me shape only upto 100mbps. policy-maps allow me to shape at more than 100mbps , however, when I apply the policy-map to the interface I get this error. Anybody know how to get around this and why this interface doesnt support outbound queuing.

"shape peak command is not supported in output direction for this interface

Configuration failed!"

3 Replies 3

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

What is the exact module where you are trying to configure this on? In could be a feature limitation for the specific module

Narayan

Pavel Bykov
Level 5
Level 5

Aditionally to what Narayan pointed out: most boxes have features that are related to a box as a whole.

E.G. 2940 with 4P/4Q, 2950 with 1P3Q/4Q all WRR, then 3560 and 3750 with SRR and input queues, 4506 too have box features.

But 6500 has features on linecards itself. Therefore each linecard have different capabilities.

Check features for your exact linecard. What line card is that?

I think it is

GLC-LH-SM

1000base lx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card