cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Option on IPCC 7.0

colbyarnold
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, we have recently installed the outbound option in our enviroment. My question is there any other way to start the dailer other than droping the file in the dialer import folder. Basically I have a few static list that are only envoked when needed and the end user would like to be able to dial a DID and envoke the script let me know if anyone has done this before.

Thanks

Colby

3 Replies 3

Edward Umansky
Level 4
Level 4

You can manipulate the OutboundControl and OutboundPercent skill group variables to enable/disable a campaign. If you set OutboundControl to INBOUND and OutboundPercent to 0, that will effectively disable the skill group for outbound. Setting it back to the desired mode and percent reenables it.

Basically what you can do is drop the file but leave the variables disabled. Then setup a routing script that triggers the variables on and off (for example through a global variable that the admin script reads). Good luck.

So this would allow the outbound Campaign to be executed multiple times with a single list import?

How long do you have to wait before you have to reset the OutbondControl back to PREDICTIVE_ONLY and OutboundPercent to 100%?

>So this would allow the outbound Campaign to be executed multiple times with a single list import?

I think not.

Another way to address this is with an IVR or CVP script that calls a custom ftp class to push the chosen file at the Dialer import site. The import works and the campaign starts - it runs until all customers have been called.

You could also have a Scheduled Task on the operating system to copy the file to the import site once per week (or whatever).

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: