cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring Callers Directly into Unity using Dual Phone Systems

pennypietraszka
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently installed 2 PIMG units so my NEC PBX can use our Unity VM. Everything works except the ability to transfer callers directly into a voicemail box without ringing the subscribers phone. It works fine from the Call Manager side, but I don't know how to get it working from the PBX side. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Penny Pietraszka

Bryant University

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Penny,

I'm curious how you are trying to do this and what is failing? Can you Transfer a call to Cisco Unity, get to the opening greeting, dial the extension number, #, and 2, and then hang up in order to transfer the caller. When you dial this sequence, the normal call transfer is overridden and the caller hears the personal greeting for the extension number dialed.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008015b963.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

When I transfer the call to the Unity, I get the message to enter my password. I have been told that the #2 is a function in the call manager and since I'm transferring from an NEC PBX that feature won't work. I think I need to create a new extension into the unity that I can transfer to that will bring me to the "dial the ext" message or somehow create a call handler that will help with this. I don't understand call handlers very well, but I worked all day yesterday trying to set one up and all I could get was a message " the example administrator is not available". I couldn't find out how to have it transfer the call to the main ext. of Unity. Like I said, this works fine when it's all Cisco i.e Call Manager and Unity, but when I use the PBX it won't work. Any more suggestions? Thanks for responding anyway,

Hi Penny,

I think you are on the right track here :) My understanding of the #2 functionality is that it should work from this NEC Integration as well and is not limited to CCM. I think you should post this new version of the question (with details on Unity version etc.) on the Unity Forum. I'm sure that someone there can help solve this dilemma.

Take care,

Rob

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: