Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11500 Upgrade

rodriguesl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know whats the difference between operational,locked and active version.

Is it possible to change the locked version to another version?

In the upgrade manual says that i can't remove the active version or the locked version. Then I put the locked version as the active version, but when the css boots it says that the operational version is still the old one, but the active version is the locked version.

Is this normal?

Have I done something wrong?

Kind Regards,

LR

5 Replies 5

Diego Vargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Look at this output:

CSS11503B# show version

Version: sg0750205 (07.50.2.05)

Flash (Locked): 07.20.2.06

Flash (Operational): 08.20.0.01

Type: PRIMARY

Licensed Cmd Set(s): Standard Feature Set

Enhanced Feature Set

Secure Management

The "Version" field is the one the CSS is really running. You do not need to be concern about the Locked or Operational version, that wont change.

So just make sure that after changing the primary boot file, the "Version" field shows the new version running.

Look at the show chassis SW field:

Product Name: CSS11503-AC E0 SW Version: 07.50.2.05

Hope it helps

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

The other question that I made "Is it possible to change the locked version to another version? " can you tell me if it is possible?

Kind Regards,

LR

no you can't change the locked version.

This is explained here :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/contnetw/ps789/products_tech_note09186a0080094529.shtml

Gilles.

Hi,

There is no way to change the locked version, also there is no need since the important version is the one showed on the "Version" field.

Hope it helps!!

Hi again,

I made the upgrade, but I have some questions:

When I made the upgrade I got The following error:

Cannot open file:/ComposerRoot/script/banner.txt

What can I do to solve this error?

Another question is:

Is it possible in version 7.5.03.03 to make the backup css when the master goes down and them comes up again, that the backup css stays as the master?

I know that there is a command:

Redundancy Force-Master to make the backup to become master until it goes down, but i would like to make this option more permenent, that is, to be an option in the configuration of the css.

kind regards,

LR

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: