cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentication + Encryption w/ little or no client configuration?

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

I am wondering what the best solution would be for someone who wanted Authentication and Encryption and did not want to customize all of their user's wireless profiles. Here are the problems as I see it...

1. 802.1x - Authentication + Encryption but requires client configuration.

2. Web Authentication - Authentication and no Encryption but requires no client configuration.

3. Static WEP + Web Authentication - Authentication and Encryption but requires client configuration.

Am I missing something, is there a better/easier way to go about this? Is there an easy way to rollout a configuration profile?

I have a 2100 WLC. Thanks guys.

5 Replies 5

rtjensen4
Level 4
Level 4

We do it via Radius

Client gets a certificate from Domain Controller and authenticates via Radius server / EAP.

bump, anybody else?

Any more info on the certificate method?

Any comments at all???

ktechadmin
Level 1
Level 1

You can either use certificates or push the wireless settings that are required for connection through group policy if you have a MS Windows domain. Those are the only two methods of zero-configuration for your clients that I know of.

Hope this helps.

wfm_Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

All three should be part of the "VPN Client".

Configurations are usually stored on a tftp server in telecom although any LDAP group policy should do...

Radius is nice but without a better framework for addl parameters its tough to program against.

You might also give some third party apps a try, although this is ~ a quick solution!

- Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: