CSS11501S-C-K9 GUI not working

Unanswered Question
Aug 17th, 2007

CSS is running version sg0820101 and I have installed GUI version cvdm-css-1.0. (non ssh version) Web and telnet access have been enabled. When using IE7 to connect to the GUI, I receive the username and password prompt but after submitting the logon details, the web page waits indefinitely to load.

If using Firefox I never receive the username and password prompt but an immediate protocol not supported error message.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Diego Vargas Fri, 08/17/2007 - 16:24

Mozilla will not work because the plugin needed to run CVDM is not available for Mozilla.

When using IE make sure to have the Java plugin that you need to run CVDM. Also if you are using Vista, make sure to run IE with admin rights, as I had cases where that caused the issue.

Hope it helps!!

russ Sat, 08/18/2007 - 09:07

Many thanks for the reply. I've just read the GUI readme notes and it mentions installing java plug-in 1.4.2_08. I have version 1.4.2_06 installed. The readme notes also mentions support for Firefox 1.0. If I mangage to get it working with IE, I suppose I can always try the IE TAB for Firefox. I won't be able to try it again for a couple of weeks , I'll let you know the outcome.

This Discussion