cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX Get Time from XML?

b.eman
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone ever seen a script that can get time from an XML doc and compare it to the current time? Similar to the "Holiday XML".

I have a script where I want to let the user set the Open and Closed time for the menu. I have a custom VB app the users set the menu times and the app creates an XML with all the Open and closed times similar to the following.

<MondayOpen>7:00:00</MondayOpen>

<MondayClosed>18:00:00:</MondayClosed>

......and so on

I know it can be done the hard part for me is converting the XML time "string" into an integer that can be compared with > and <.

thanks,

3 Replies 3

rob_pionke
Level 4
Level 4

I have one that myself and a colleague put together.

Two notes.

1. IPCC seems to work with time in military format. Because of this, you can do a text > or < and it will work fine. The 7:00:00 in your example should actually be 07:00:00. Set the time in a text variable when your script is called. Then do you lt/gt and your all set.

2. If using vb, why go through the trouble of making IPCC figure out if you are open/closed. You can do this in vb and then all you feed IPCC is an Open or Closed status.

Thanks for your post.

I actually did exactly what you are referring to in 1. and it worked great.

The only reason I use IPCC to determine open and closed is if the Application server running VB for any reason was offline the script would never open. Since I don't control the application servers only the IPCC environment I want to make that system as stable as possible.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: