Views
Helpful
Replies

2611XM with FW-feature and dot1q-trunking

pverstegen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to set up a dot1q trunk to my switch on Fa0/0 of a 2611XM with c2600-io3-mz.123-23.bin. But the "encapsulation dot1q command" is not supported on it's sub-interface. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Best regards, Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter , Im glad you resolved the issue with code upgrade.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Peter,

most likely the running code does not support trunking , please go to software advisory link, choose features needed , and search for ieee 802.1q vlan trunking for your platform, include firewalling for feature set.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/FusionHome.do

HTH

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks,

Upgrading my IOS worked and resolved this issue.

Peter

Peter , Im glad you resolved the issue with code upgrade.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

I think it has ETHERNET port, it is has no Fast ethernet Port.

If it has not fast ethernet port than it will not support trunking. that is ONE.

Second if it has Fast ethernet port but still it is not showing encapulation, check into SUBINTERFACE Command if it is supporting ot not.

Third, If you have fast ethernet but still it not showing ecanpuslation dot1q, than upgrade the IOS. NOw when you are going to upgrade IOS please check your flash??? free space.

This is only end to end solution for that.

Again keep in mind... TRUNK only support by fast ethernet + check on SUB interface.

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

Hi Dharmesh, the 2611XM model has two builtin fastethernet ports.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card