cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Asdm packet tracert

hbustamante
Level 1
Level 1

I have a two asa with asdm version 5.2(3) , but in tools is not available The packet tracert, the firewall is working in mode transparent. Any ideas?

4 Replies 4

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

It should be on tool ---> traceroute

Step 1 In the main ASDM application window, choose Tools > Traceroute.

The Traceroute dialog box appears.

Step 2 Enter the name of the host to which the route is traced. If the hostname is specified, define it by choosing Configuration > Firewall > Objects > IP Names, or configure a DNS server to enable this tool to resolve the hostname to an IP address.

Step 3 Enter the amount of time in seconds to wait for a response before the connection times out. The default is three seconds.

Step 4 Type the destination port used by the UDP probe messages. The default is 33434.

Step 5 Enter the number of probes to be sent at each TTL level. The default is three.

Step 6 Specify the minimum and maximum TTL values for the first probes. The minimum default is one, but it can be set to a higher value to suppress the display of known hops. The maximum default is 30. The traceroute terminates when the packet reaches the destination or when the maximum value is reached.

Step 7 Enter the destination port used by the UDP probe messages. The default is 33434.

Step 8 Choose the source interface or IP address for the packet trace from the drop-down list. This IP address must be the IP address of one of the interfaces. In transparent mode, it must be the management IP address of the adaptive security appliance.

Step 9 Check the Reverse Resolve check box to have the output display the names of hops encountered if name resolution is configured. Leave this check box unchecked to have the output display IP addresses.

Step 10 Check the Use ICMP check box to specify the use of ICMP probe packets instead of UDP probe packets.

Step 11 Click Trace Route to start the traceroute.

The Traceroute Output area displays detailed messages about the traceroute results.

Step 12 Click Clear Output to start a new traceroute.

Transperant doesn't matter.

It supports in transperant mode. see on URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/asdm52/user/guide/intro.html#wp1056064

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

I asked for the packet tracert :( is diferent .

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

If you are talking about packet tracer than also available on same link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/asdm52/user/guide/intro.html#wp1056064

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

Thanks, but i don't have in my toolbar.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: