Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about WAAS

hezetoun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a very basic question about WAAS.. I would like to know in case that I have a main office and five branch offices, and I would like to add WAAS modules only to two branches; in such a case, should I install another WAAS module or appliance in the main office? also, I would like to know if the other three branches would work just fine without any WAAS module?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hanan,

You will need a total of four devices:

2 WAE - Remote Office Accelerators

1 WAE - Main Office Accelerator

1 WAE - Central Manager

The Central Manager must be an external appliance -- it cannot be run on a NME-WAE. I would also recommend an external appliance for the Main Office Accelerator.

Thanks,

Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Hanan,

You will need a total of four devices:

2 WAE - Remote Office Accelerators

1 WAE - Main Office Accelerator

1 WAE - Central Manager

The Central Manager must be an external appliance -- it cannot be run on a NME-WAE. I would also recommend an external appliance for the Main Office Accelerator.

Thanks,

Zach

Couldn't I use an external appliance in the main office so it works as Centeral Manager and main office accelerator? And what about the other three branches, would do they work fine without any WAAS modules installed within their connection to the main office?

The CM currently requires a dedicated appliance.

Yes, remote sites without a WAE installed will work fine. You can either 1) let their connections be handled as pass-through by the Head Office accelerator, or 2) exclude the remote offices without WAE's from interception at the Head Office.

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: