cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

syslog analyzer message

thetnaing00
Level 1
Level 1

i have this kind of message when i open up analyzerDebug.log.[ Tue Aug 14 15:01:54 GMT+08:00 2007 ],INFO,[main],newsyslogqueue queue created with max size 100000

any idea for this? and some devices are not send syslog message to the LMS server.is it because of that? thanks in advanced.

4 Replies 4

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is just an informational message, not an error or debug. You need to start at the device and work your way up.

Is the message from the device reaching the server? If so, is it making it to the syslog.log or syslog_info?

If it is there, is the device managed in RME?

Can you try generating a config change syslog to see if it makes it?

thanks for your fast reply.

yes,all the syslogs are going to syslog.log i can check them on it.devices are managed by RME as well.i can see the syslog message from half of the devices while i am using report generator.only another half has this kind of problem.syslog messages are going into syslog.log but cannot show inside report generator.

anything i need to check?

First enable syslog debugs

Select one device, generate the config change message. Then make sure it reaches the log file

Then wait a few minutes for RME to process this message

Then generate a standard syslog report for this device, does it show the message?

Anything in the debug output for the device IP Address or name?

when the change has been made on router,all the messages are going to syslog collector that i can see in syslog collector status.but all the messages are under invalid.if some messages are going out of invalid,they are under filter and as the result,i can see syslog in syslog.log but not in report.thanks for your time to reply and really appreciate it.

another thing is after i do pdterm and pdexec SyslogCollector,pdshow shows that SyslogCollector is running.but i go to syslog collector status,all the fields are n/a and i need to do subscribe again.in the syslogcollector.log it says subscribe list is empty.propfile path is not found though collector.properties file is inside the path. and the path is something weird such that c:/program/cscopx/mdc/......./c:/program/cscopx/mdc

the file path like that.in the middle of path,it starts from the start "c:/...." and so on.is this relating to his problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: