VAT on Exams with Pearson Vue

Unanswered Question
Aug 19th, 2007

I have just looked to book the ICND 640-811 exam with Pearson Vue and it would appear that they are charging VAT (I'm in the UK) on top of the ?56 price, is this correct, when I took the Intro exam with Prometric, I only paid the ?56 and no VAT?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cat5weaver Wed, 08/22/2007 - 01:39

I think VAT is normal for tests taken in the UK. The one exception I have had was when the online booking failed and I booked over the phone with some guy (who was in Mexico I think) and he was obviously not aware of VAT

nickkassel Wed, 08/22/2007 - 08:16

It's strange how I never paid VAT on the exams I tool with Prometric though.

tperrier Fri, 08/24/2007 - 00:50

I also never had to pay VAT with Prometric (I'm in France), which was quite puzzling. The only explanation I could imagine is that you pay by credit card online to the company which is in the Netherlands. In the EU, one pays VAT in the vendor country. So maybe the Netherlands have a VAT exemption for this kind of training. I found this on a Web site about Dutch VAT, which tends to confirm this idea:

"The tax is levied on the sale price and the general rate is 19%. A lower rate of 6% applies for certain goods and services, such as food products, books, medicines, art, antiques, entry to museums, zoos, theatres and sports. Visible exports are zero-rated. A number of exemptions apply for special goods and services such as educational, medical and cultural services."

This Discussion