Views
Helpful
Replies

Hairpin Call Forwarding in CME

jtattoo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have a CME installation. They want the FNA destination to be an external number. When you dial the DN and let it FNA from an internal phone the external forward works fine. When you call in from external and the call forwards back out it does not work. From the q931 debugs the CME sends the forwarding DN's number to the PSTN and not the FNA destination.

Any idea's would be appreciated.

Thanks

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please send config and the debug q93q1 explaining what numbers are what.

Hi , thanks for the reply

The Q931 is of the failed call forward. The first setup the the external call comes in (NO CLI) to 2482 (the switchboard) (Timestamp Jul 11 14:01:02.199)

The 2482 in this case hase a CFA to an external numbber (0115789352, but you do not see it) the outbound call as you can see at timestamp Jul 11 14:01:06.219 has the Called party number of 2482 and not the 0115789352

Attached is a running config aw well

Hi,

there is no outbound call. Both are incoming setup, call reference 0x36. The router then rejects the call with "Service/option not available" but it is not clear to me the reason why.

I suggest you to upgrade to 12.4(11)XJ4 that has the most bug fixes in ISDN and is the most stable. Also it would help if you configure "isdn tei-negotiation preserve" under each BRI interface.

Finally, unrelated to the issue, if ou configure each BRI port with trunk-group (with a name of your choice), then you will be able to reduce the number of DPs by referencing said trunk-group instead of port.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks, i will test and rate.

Do I need to register an MTP to the CME in order to hairpin the call from ISDN to ISDN ?

Absolutely no need.

Did this resolve your issue? I have a similar problem with a customer that want to Call Forward All in CME.

Kind Regards

Louis

Can you explain what your problem is ?

Jing Hua
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using hairpin might fix your issue

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: