cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN 3005 concentrator user limit

grahamgunner
Level 1
Level 1

I have had my 3005 VPN concentrator for about 2 years now and have recently hit limit of 150 users. Whenever I try to add my 151st user I get the following message.

Unable to set user name (Too Many Entries Error. Delete an entry before adding a new one).

Does anyone know if this is a set limit or is there a setting somewhere. Is there any way of extending this?

4 Replies 4

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

I knew there was a limit to the number of simultaneous sessions but never knew about a limit to the number of defined users. I have several hundred users but am using NT Domain and AD for authentication though.

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the Cisco internal user database. Are you using a RADIUS server or just using straight authentication through Kerberos/Active Directory? I have always wanted to get it authenticating through AD so that I only have to administer one set of user accounts.

I am using both NT Domain and Kerberos. The server group just recently added Kerberos support as part of the AD upgrade / conversion and I "converted" one of the two NT Domain servers to use that. I have the Kerberos server at the top and then the NT domain second. All my groups use at least NT Domain authentication against the AD for authentication.

The only issue we have is that passwords cannot be reset on login through the VPN client.

I will be talking with out partner's CCIE this afternoon and will ask about the "internal" limit.

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

Here is what I ahve been told by my local guru ...

Yes there is a limit, please take a look at this information and let me know if you have any question:

"Maximum Number of Groups and Users for the Internal Authentication Server"

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/vpn3000/4_0/config/usermgt.htm#48460

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: