cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferring callers directly into Unity without phone ringing

pennypietraszka
Level 1
Level 1

I posted the following message on the General forum because I wasn't sure if it was a Unity issue or not. It was recommended that I post it to the Unity forum. See string of conversations below:

I have recently installed 2 PIMG units so my NEC PBX can use our Unity VM. Everything works except the ability to transfer callers directly into a voicemail box without ringing the subscribers phone. It works fine from the Call Manager side, but I don't know how to get it working from the PBX side. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Penny Pietraszka

Bryant University

Hi Penny,

I'm curious how you are trying to do this and what is failing? Can you Transfer a call to Cisco Unity, get to the opening greeting, dial the extension number, #, and 2, and then hang up in order to transfer the caller. When you dial this sequence, the normal call transfer is overridden and the caller hears the personal greeting for the extension number dialed.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

When I transfer the call to the Unity, I get the message to enter my password. I have been told that the #2 is a function in the call manager and since I'm transferring from an NEC PBX that feature won't work. I think I need to create a new extension into the unity that I can transfer to, that will bring me to the "dial the ext" message or somehow create a call handler that will help with this. I don't understand call handlers very well, but I worked all day yesterday trying to set one up and all I could get was a message " the example administrator is not available". I couldn't find out how to have it transfer the call to the main ext. of Unity. Like I said, this works fine when it's all Cisco i.e Call Manager and Unity, but when I use the PBX it won't work. Any more suggestions? Thanks for responding anyway.

Hi Penny,

I think you are on the right track here :) My understanding of the #2 functionality is that it should work from this NEC Integration as well and is not limited to CCM. I think you should post this new version of the question on the Unity Forum. I'm sure that someone there can help solve this dilemma.

Take care,

Rob

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(

2 Replies 2

arcaidy76
Level 1
Level 1

try Option 3 on the document sent. It might be an option if you don't have that many accounts to set up.

Create a call handler and give it an extension. Might try something like (+1)XXX. So for User extension 1100, the Call Handler extension would be 2100.

Under Greetings, set source to Blank. Then under After Greeting select Send Caller to Subscriber. Select the subscriber you want to assign this Handler to and make sure it has Send to Greeting seleted.

Now, on your PBX create a call routing ruel that points the (+1)XXX extension you created above to the Unity ports.

___

Another option could be to do it all on the PBX. If possible, try creating a rule that uses steering digits and sends that to the Unity ports.

So, on the PBX create a route pattern like 71XXXX.

XXXX = the users extension and 71 are the steering digits. Under this route pattern, have it strip the 71 and add a ** in front the XXXX and add #2 to the end. So the input digits would be 712211 and the output digits would be **2211#2.

This one is just an idea, and probably won't work... It depends on the capabilities of the PBX.

Hope this helps.

So what you are saying is that a call handler won't work globally, I would need a call handler for each subscriber? That's what I was finding out when I was playing around but I wasn't sure if I was missing something. I have way too many users to do that. I need a global way to do this for everyone. I guess I need to go to NEC for assistance?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: