Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy (Desaster Recovry)

Wanting to set up some redundancy (I guess that is what you would call it) for my network. Basiclly co locate my servers... So if we happen to get hit ny a missle are something the network will redirect to my secondary location...

Location A (Main Location)

- Cisco 1711 Router

- Pix 506E Firewall

- 19 Servers

Location B

- Pix 506E Firewall

- Thin Clients

(Moving Domain Controller Backup there tomorrow)

1 Reply 1

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I think you miss the question :)

However, I have setup multiple redundant location separated geographically. I setup IPSEC VPN between firewalls to make the AD sync its DB and also use MS Sync Toy to copy other apps data from PR Server to DR Server, script for X server. So when the PR is hit by a missile, hopefully I wasn't there, I can just make the SLAVE DNS in DR as MASTER and change the record to point to DR and voila it's up. Have to perform DR activation periodically though (i.e. once a year) to make sure all personnel is in-sync and the process still works specially the DB that supposed to be sync. For server with big DB, need an off-site backup to send to remote site or better yet (if you can afford) get a higher bandwidth pipe between sites to sync DB.

Regards,

Dandy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card