CSM process explanation needed

hussainmo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does someone know what is the function of the following 2 processes in the CSM:

HealthMon

SLB SendDraco

In my lab testing I just noticed that while doing a port scan the CPu for one process (HealthMon) dropped while the other went up. Output is attached.

Thanks,

-Murtaza

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SLB SendDRaco is the process responsible for communication between MSFC and CSM.

So each time you type a command this process is involved.

The HealMon process is one of the keepalive process.

Since the PowerPC that runs inside the CSM does not have a idle process, the cpu cycles are always splitted between all the processes - even if some of them do not those cycles.

So, when there is some activity - like typing commands - the CSM will adjust cycles where it is more needed.

Gilles.

Hello,

It looks to me that the HealthMon process take too much of CPU under normal condition:

PPC Threads

CPU STACK Name

52% 2% HealthMon

0% 37% SLB SendDraco

Is this normal?

I am also a little bit unclear as to how a port scan can increase the communication between the CSM and the MSFC:

PPC Threads

CPU STACK Name

18% 2% HealthMon

54% 37% SLB SendDraco

BTW we are running an engineering build on that CSM if thats of any help.

Thanks,

Murtaza

Murtaza,

the port scan as no impact on communication between msfc and csm.

However, because during the scan you monitor the csm with show commands, there is activity between csm and msfc - just to collect the info you requested from the csm and send it to the msfc for display.

Again, if at that time the csm does not have more important tasks, it can allocate a lot of cpu to the "SLB SendDraco" task.

Gilles.