cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller Input to ring another line

tomrayjr
Level 1
Level 1

All I want to do is give someone the option of hitting a number while listening to a message to transfer the call to another line (have the other line RING, not simply transfer them to someone else's voicemail). I am using Unity 4.0(5). Any tips?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Under the subscriber you are trying to transfer to, select call transfer tab and then select "Yes, Ring subscribers extension".

See if that helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

If the number is a subsciber or a call handler all you should need to do is selet "attempt transfer for" instead of "send to greeting for".

If it isn't let me know.

rlp

arcaidy76
Level 1
Level 1

Create a call handler. Have the call Handler do an attempt transfer to the subscriber you want to send the call to under the greetings tab. Set the Source to blank.

Then under the subscriber you want to offer this configure the caller input menu for the number you want to use for the transfer. On"send caller to" select the call handler you built above.

When I do this (with a call handler or simply under the caller input section) the 'attempt transfer for' always sends the caller straight to the users voicemail greeting (instead of ringing the line). I had tried this method before I posted the question.

Under the subscriber you are trying to transfer to, select call transfer tab and then select "Yes, Ring subscribers extension".

See if that helps.

Hi -

Also make sure the phone you are transferring to is NOT forwarded to go directly to voicemail. You can check the setting on the CallManager directory number (Line) configuration.

Ginger

This was the missing piece (the other subscriber was not set to ring subscribers extension on transfers. Thanks very much for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: