Integration Utility 1.6.0

Resource Manager Essentials 4.0.5

=======================================

Selected Login Module: MS Active Directory

Server: ldap://server.company.com

Usersroot: ou=Technical Services, ou=Information Technology, dc=company, dc=com

Prefix: cn=

=======================================

Users created in AD with a first name and last name have a "cn=first<space>last" and the actual logon credentials are stored in "sAMAccountName=loginID". This presents a problem when a LDAP querry is passed from CiscoWorks LMS. When attempting to authenticate CiscoWorks LMS users against Microsoft Active Directory / LDAP, login credentials must be "first<space>last" rather than actual loginID. Desired configuration would be to reference SAMAccountName (loginID) rather than CN. I see CCO references to SAMAccountName under Unified Messaging and NAC documentation. But nothing under CiscoWorks documentation. Is this possible?

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I understand you correctly, why not change the prefix from cn= to SAMAccountName= ?

You understand correctly. Though I tried changing the prefix to sAMAccountName= and it doesn't work.

Do you have anonymous bind enabled on the AD server? That is required to use SAMAccountName.

Nope, anonymous bind is not enabled. That's the source of my problem. Unfortunately, policy won't permit me to enable it either. I guess ACS appliance is the longer-term fix. In the meantime, I can change the user requiring this access. Thanks for your assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco