CiscoPress ONT Exam Guide - Any good?

Unanswered Question
Aug 20th, 2007

The question is in the title really, but it would be good to know if anyone has passed the exam and how they rated the book.

I've read it from cover to cover and I'm now going on to the practical studying stage but it looks a little thin to contain enough information.

I had the CiscoPress CIT book and that was pretty thin - I think everyone knows what a useless collection of pages that it was.

Thanks for any information.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cyphur353 Mon, 08/20/2007 - 18:47

I used it as my sole study material and passed the ONT with a 911 - not great but it's a passing score. For me, autoqos cost me the most questions, as I'm much more familiar with MQC!

I think ISCW is much more involved, I'm studying it right now.

eriknixon Mon, 08/20/2007 - 20:43

i used the study guide and got a 966. I thought it was a great book . I agree with cypher353 ICSW is a bit more difficult to grasp. I am studying that right now and will take the test next week and finally be done with the CCNP track.

mark.j.hodge Tue, 08/21/2007 - 05:24

For those that passed using the books as a primary resource, were the practice tests on the CD represenataive of the real thing?

i.e. what percentage were you getting in the CD test, and what was your passing score.

Did you also use other practice tests, e.g. Transender

Mel Popple Tue, 08/21/2007 - 22:54

Thanks for all the responses, I feel more confident in using the book and kit I have at home for studying this.

One more question and hopefully it doesn't break any NDA's if people answer - How much was there on the web management of the LWAP and the controllers?

I have two 1100 APs at home with the latest IOS installed so I have the stuff I need for studying wireless but buying a wireless controller for studying ONT seems a little excessive!!

lboogie25 Mon, 08/27/2007 - 13:56

I just passed my exam with a 933. I think one of the best ways to study is to just look up the topics on the cisco website and look through all the technologies and configuration examples. The Cisco press book did a great job of preparing me for this test. Much better than some of the other exam titles. The questions on the CD that came with the book were a little easy compared to the exam format.

This Discussion