connect to network shares and rpc's fail

Unanswered Question
Aug 20th, 2007
User Badges:

Two new 2801's connected via T1...

I can ping accross the link, perform DNS lookups. Workstations appear to login to the server 2003 active directory domain and map network drives correctly but if I try to open a mapped drive the connection hangs and eventually times out.

If you logon as a new user to the workstation the workstation pulls the users profile and appears to maps drive but again if you try to open the drive the connection to the remote share times out domain is unavaiable.

If I try to remote desktop to the workstation it can't find the workstation.

When you try to add a new workstaion to the domain it fails with an RPC server can't be found error.

It has to be something simple that I'm missing. Is there a specific access-list or something else that needs to be enabled to allow basic AD domain functions?

Is there a specific access list or something else that needs to be enable on the 2801 integrated services router.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
craig.eyre Mon, 08/20/2007 - 14:43
User Badges:

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that Windows uses microsoft-ds (port 445) for all its file sharing stuff and it also uses Kerberos v5 (port 88) during the initial authentication process. This may be a good place to start looking.

I read a doc on this a while back so I'll try to find it for you to verify.

Craig

msdesai Tue, 08/21/2007 - 12:29
User Badges:

Hi

You don't need to enable anything on 2801 routers to have basic AD domain functions.

Are you able to ping file server & desktop you are trying to RDP?

do you have any access-list enable anywhere on your network?

Can you post the router configs?

Regards,

Actions

This Discussion