Helpful
Replies

IS there a problem with symantec ghost 8.2 and cisco switches

g.peart
Level 1
Level 1

I have a mixture of 2950G and 3548XL

on my network and have a major problem

with the speed of ghost multicasting, the speed as dropped to around 1Mbps when it use to be around 50-60Mbps. The switches all have the latest code and the vlan interfaces are configured with pim-dense mode.IGMP snooping is on 2950G's and CGMP is on the 3500XL's. Multicasting does work but it is just very slow and I have noticed a few other posts with the same problem but no replies yet.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What changed from the time it used to be 50-60Mbps ?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What changed from the time it used to be 50-60Mbps ?

After going over my network topology and testing various switches and uplinks the problem was related to mixing ISL and Dot1q trunks.The switches interlinked using ISL trunks and the final connection to my 6500 was Dot1q trunk, by changing all links between switches to either ISL or Dot1q the multicast speeds increased to 44Mbps and when Ghost was run using the Ghost switches of -INF the speed increased to 69Mbps. So my lesson was ensure end to end topology is consistent

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco