cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with VPN passthrough with ASA

baskervi
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ASA running 7.2(2) that one VPN tunnel to a Cisco device on the remote end connects but will not pass traffic. I'm unsure of the specific device as we don't maintain it, but we do use the Cisco VPN client. The interesting thing is that we connect to multiple other Cisco VPN servers (concentrator, PIXes and ASAs) without any problems. This is a recent ASA installation, and the old firewall (a Netgear) allowed us to connect with no problems. We can put the old Netgear back in place and the VPN connects fine. We can also VPN into this network from other locations, so we know it is working. I'm at a loss as to what to try next. Any ideas? I've tried a static one-to-one NAT translation, and "permit isa nat-t" is in place (but it won't function with the passthrough as I understand it) but the VPN still won't pass traffic. Any ideas?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

bwilmoth
Level 5
Level 5

VPN passthorugh in ASA is by default enabed. The reason for your problem could be some other mis- configuration which blocks the IPSec traffic to go via ASA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: