cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing with multiple interfaces

t.doherty
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 customers using an 11503 with 6 interfaces. To maximize the throughput for each customer I want to separate the customers to their own interface. Each customer would get a client side and server side interface. From a load balancing perspective I believe this will work because the flow (src IP,Port, Interface & dst IP,Port,Interface) will match the client with the correct server response. My concern is when a server initiates a connection to another device and has to go through the CSS. I would like to have the customer's server use the corresponding client side iterface when initiating traffic. This way each customer gets a gigabit connection for themselves. I'm running 8.1 and it allows me to add multiple default routes but I don't see a way of having the CSS separate this traffic for each customer interface without specific static routes. Are specific static routes for each customer the only solution?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you want is called virtualization.

this is one of the great features of the new loadbalancer - ACE.

With the CSS, you can still achieve what you want.

You have to create a service for each customer/vlan gateway.

Use a type transparent-cache to avoid nating.

Then, create an acl like this :

acl 1

clause 10 permit any destination any prefer

clause 99 permit any any destination any

Apply....

Create an acl like above for each server vlan and specify the appropriate gateway/service.

This will tell the CSS to prefer this gateway for traffic matching the in the acl.

Gilles.

Thanks Gilles. What should be in the service besides the type? Should the IP address be the gateway for the interface I want to send the traffic?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: