Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent monitoring CTIOS 6.0

karunanithi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to enable silent monitoring feature in CTIOS Supervisor 6.0 (ICM 6.0). I referred various document and configured, but I am unable to achieve it. Can Somebody to guide me the procedure to work this. The details below,

I had tried with laptops with NIC cards Intel PRO 10/100 driver: 7.0.26.0 and 8.0.27.0

Kindly help.

Regards

Karuna

11 Replies 11

lpezj
Level 7
Level 7

Depending on the CallManager version that you are using you will have to allow that the voice packets will be copied from the voice vlan port to the PC port.

In version 4 this feature are off by default.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I am trying in CTIOS based silent monitoring, if it thru CCM how do we configure.?

Regards

karuna

Karuna,

I think that you need that the PC is connected to the IP Phone switch.

In the CallmManager CCMAdmin page check if the parameter 'PC Voice VLAN Access*' is setting up to Enabled in the 'Phone Configuration'. If not, the Monitor application in the PC can not copy the voice packets from the phone to the supervisor application.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Hi,

Its aleady enable in all IP Phones, I getting the error like in the attachment in Supervisor desktop.

Karuna

Did you install "Silent Monitoring" ption on the Client while installing the CTIOS Client???

jewels4u
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have firewall enabled on your PC that you are trying to monitor? This error seems like a port is blocking it. Make sure both the agent and the supervisor has firewall either off or make an exception in firewall settings for CTIOS.

Hi,

We had disabled the Firewall in XP system and there in no firewall in Win2K system.

We had enabled the "Silent Monitoring" also while installing Client and Supervisor.

Regards

Karuna

Hi,

I need to know the supported NIC cards for Silent monitoring as per cisco. Anybody can help me.?

Karuna

If I remember correctly the list that cisco publishes is from 2003 and has not been updated, in my experience most broadcomm and intel based NICs work. Also, there is a test which you make to test if your NIC can sniff out the voice ports. Finally, if you're using a custom desktops, there are some version of the desktop which do not support silent monitoring. BTW, this all assumes you're using the CTIOS desktop and NOT CAD.

david

Hi,

Thanks for mailing, even I had refered the doc earlier, we are using CTIOS Client only ( not a custom desktop). Please let me know the test for NIC.

Regards

Karuna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: