cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAS and Cisco 877W

butchok123
Level 1
Level 1

I bought a NAS using Samba and FTP server and plug it on one ethernet port on my 877W router. I can see the shared drive on every computer plug in to my router but can't see it on my wirless laptop or clients. I can see all devices (printers, SAT receivers, access point, etc..) wired to my router except the NAS. Anyone can help me on how to configure my 877W to see the NAS?

3 Replies 3

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Check if you are able to ping the NA from wireles computer. Upgrade the router software and see if that works. Check for firewall on the computer.

Thanks for replying.... Can't ping NAS from wireless computer. I already disabled the firewall and its the same. At the moment I'm running IOS ADVIPVERVICESK9-12.4.9T. Do i still need to upgrade this, i think the latest is 12.4.15T? Also, I connected the NAS to an access point which is connected to my Cisco 877W as a client and it works fine. I think its my running config but I'm still not that good in setting it up. Do you know how to add the NAS in the running config? Attached is my running-config.

What type of NAS device are u using?

Regards,

kfsaini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card