ListPhoneByDescription & ListUserByName

Unanswered Question
Aug 21st, 2007

I am running CCM 4.1 and am having problems getting the "list" AXL API commands to work. No matter what I try I end up getting back a null set. I used the wsdl to generate the proxy class in .NET (C#). I am trying this, i'm sure i'm missing something simple because i can't get any of the list commands to work. This is what i'm trying

excerpt...

AXLAPI.ListUserByNameReq rqListUser = new ListUserByName();

rqListUser.firstname = "*";

rqListUser.lastname = "*";

AXLAPI.ListUserByNameRes rsListUser = new ListUserByNameRes();

rsListUser = objCCM.listUserByName(rqListUser);

I use a similar form for the other list commands. None work so i'm thinking it's something i'm doing. I've tried every variation of "*" "%" "* " etc. I just want to list all users. I don't get any errors, it just returns null (i have about 250 phones). It should be simple but its just not working. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shaun Baker

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shaunbaker Tue, 08/21/2007 - 16:35

I tried that, it didn't work either. I did find the problem. The "list" functions return with a different namespace than virtually ever other function (I found that out by looking at the trace log on the CCM box). Once I changed the wsdl to reflect that namespace and recompiled, it worked. I think the .NET serializer will toss anything that comes in with an unexpected namespace. I don't understand why the CCM responds with a different namespace but that's cisco.

msabir Wed, 10/17/2007 - 07:25

NetBeans 5.5 or Eclipse 3.3 will automatically create all Java classes for you by reverse engineering WSDL file. All you have to do is call those classes. I am able to successfully get the phone list in CCM 5.x using auto-generated classes by Java IDEs.

shaunbaker Thu, 10/18/2007 - 16:37

the CCM 5.x WSDL works fine, the 4.x one is bugged. I just used the 5.x WSDL and am careful not to call any unsupported functions.

Actions

This Discussion