Views
Helpful
Replies

4500 PM Callback Process

csco10387876
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyone can tell me what this process is and what it does and how to troubleshoot high cpu peak due to this process ?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

Can you confirm if you have voice vlans configured on some ports and if yes then do you also have trunk configuration on thise ports and if yes than can you please paste the the config for those ports?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi,

I don't have voice vlan configured on the port but we do have a IPT solution with another brand of phone so that our port config looks like :

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan 311

switchport trunk allowed vlan 311,321

switchport mode trunk

switchport port-security maximum 2

switchport port-security aging time 5

switchport port-security aging type inactivity

no logging event link-status

spanning-tree portfast trunk

Hi Friend,

Can you confirm which sup you have installed in your cat4k and which IOS you are running on the same?

Also is it possible for you to remove the trunk config from the ports where you have IPT solution connected and configure voice vlan and access vlan for data?

PM callback" process is an internal process dealing with Port Management, I mean, this process manages the ports via an internal mechanism.

Regards,

Ankur

hi,

Cat sup 2+ ios : 12.2(31)SGA1

We cannot remove the trunk config as it would shutdown the IPT ;-)

the voice vlan config doesn't work for us sadly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card