cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble deleting Unity 4.0(5) subscriber

pcobley
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bit of a problem with one of my users. His voicemail was working until recently when his mail account was moved on to another server. Since then I have been unable to change the exchange server that his account is pointing to in Unity and unfortunately I can?t delete him to then clear the system and re-create him. For some reason on this user the delete option is greyed out.

Do you have any ideas as to how I can get this account functioning again?

TIA.

5 Replies 5

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

TIA, if you use the remove subscriber properties tool in ciscounitytools.com, what happens there?

You might be able to reimport the user with the correct exchange server.

rlp

the mailbox was migrated to a new server and the alias is the same, so I will need to delete the subscriber before I can reimport. So, killing this bunny (!) will probably not help ?

b/w

paul.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Is the delete option greyed out on other subscribers or just on that one? If the problem is also on other users then I recommend you to check the DC and GC, you can use the DCGC Reconnect to verify the connection. And the DOHPropTest for a total resync

The delet option is only disabled for this subscriber. We tried using the GSM but the dialog box appears corrupt.

Hi -

Here's something to try if you feel safe doing so. You can always check with TAC on this. In the SQL/MSDE UnityDb, there is a table called Subscriber. On the Unity server, start Enterprise Manager console. Drill down to Databases directory and click on UnityDb. Expand and select Tables. Select Subscriber, right-click and select Open all rows. If you know how to do a SQL query from there, you can select just the trouble subscriber. Go the to column titled "ObjectChangedId" and change the value to 0. Please note you are editing the Unity database directly. This field is the replication value between AD and Unity's database. When you replace the value with 0, the data is replicated from AD back to Unity's database. This might get you going again. Another option, which I would check with TAC, is to delete the user from the Unity database. You might still need to run Bunny killer on the user account to remove Cisco specific attributes before reimporting.

Ginger

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: