cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5.1.2 Disaster Recovery System (Backups)

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

I'm having trouble backing up a customers Callmanager. I can set the storage location and which features to be backed up (CCM & CDR) but when I execute a manual backup it freezes. It'll run through backing up each file successfully but when it comes to loading it off the box it locks up and progress bar sits at 0%. When I also try to cancel the backup nothing happens, I have to reboot the server to clear this issue. Anyone else experienced this?

My SFTP server config is fine as I've used it to back up Presence.

7 Replies 7

JeremyL
Level 1
Level 1

This is a bug in the 5.12 release - need to open a TAC case and give them remote user rights to the Publisher to fix the issue - they will have to update a couple of XML files (which requires root access).

You also do not need to reboot the server, just restart the Cisco DRF Master and DRF Local services on the Publisher to free up the DRF process.

Thanks Jeremy, raised TAC case after posting issue and they have given me a patch to install. Did you hit the same problem?

They didn't have a patch at the time, but the number of requests to create one was extreme. So, I guess they finally did. What is the patch number you got?

Hi, TAC sent over the following file: cisco-ipt-k9-patch-es5.1.2.3102-1.tar.gz.sgn

Out of interest what sftp client do you use when running backups. I'm using one called Core mini-sftp and I get errors when using it. Callmanager only copies across half the files!

emidd
Level 1
Level 1

It is a know bug. Here is the link to the description:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsi80320

There is a workaround but it has to be done by the TAC.

v/r

Eric

JeremyL
Level 1
Level 1

I use FreeFTP - a freeware program that provides sFTP/FTP server services. Will actually install as a windows service. Works great - no issues. Use it for the backups as well as the software updates.

I used FreeFTP and I dont have problem, too. Works great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: