cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit of 2600 router

Djule2804
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible that Cisco 2600 not be enought powerfull to deal with WFQ algorithm on 10Mbps FastEthernet Interface?

I had plenty of unexpected results on 10Mbps FastEthernet Interface whereas all was all right on 2Mbps speed.

(For more details :

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=Subscriptions&loc=.1ddf8bf1/5&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=WAN%2C%20Routing%20and%20Switching )

4 Replies 4

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

Regardless the series of platform there are some factors should be taking into considerations before deploying Qos even on High end routers (IOS / RAM / CPU utilization, Configurations), but regarding your case i believe that Cisco 2600 is more than powerful to process your 2M traffic along with Qos implementation, actually 1751 will be enough to doing that, but again take care about the resources utilization because this a major factor effect your Qos.

Best Regards,

Mounir Mohamed

Hi, thx for your response.

Do you know how can I check resources utilization on my router?

I guess you think about (RAM and CPU utilization) when you speak about ressource utilzation??

So, Is there a mean to check in real time theses ressources utilzation?

Yes, Particularly if you use NBAR in your QoS, CPU utilization need to be monitored

Narayan

As you know Cisco IOS command can do that manually but i think u need to look at some monitoring tools that monitoring ur router CPU and memory and interface bandwidth/packet drop in real-time, actually i dunno much but solarwinds is good as i know.

R2600#show proc cpu history

R2600#show proc cpu sorted

R2600#show memory summary

R2600#show int f0/0

Best Regards,

Mounir Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card