cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST DID translation mapping

shaun.white
Level 1
Level 1

I have callmanager 4.2, with my Voice router as an SRST...my voice router is an H323 gateway...i have 1:1 translations for about 20 DIDs setup in my call manager (IE: 1234 --> 4321)...how can i setup SRST so that inbound DID still works when the callmanager fails or is down. I want outside users to be able to call 1234 and it ring 4321 in SRST mode. Again i have about 20 DIDs that are 1:1 mapped..

Thanks in advance, greatly appreciated

2 Replies 2

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

The translation can be performed on the gateway or on the Cisco CallManager.

If you have a Cisco IOS? Software gateway, a translation rule can be created and applied to the outbound Voice over IP (VoIP) dial peer. The following is an example configuration:

translation-rule 1

rule 1 ^0760 7300

dial-peer voice 10 voip

translate-outgoing called 1On Cisco CallManager, make a translation pattern and change the called party number from 0760 to 7300.

So if the provider is sending me 4 digits..i could do this..please let me know if im following you correctly..

translation-rule 1

rule 1 /1000/ /2000/

voice translation-profile To-CM

translate called 1

dial-peer 1 voip

translation-profile incoming To-CM

destination-pattern 2...

voice-class codec 1

session target ipv4:192.168.200.10

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

ip qos dscp cs3 signaling

I would then delete translation patterns off of the CManager.

is this correct?

The effect i want is to get the provider 1... DIDs translated to 2000s (which is our internal numbering plan) and send the 2000s after translated to the Callmanager for routing to the appropriate phone.

Thanks for all your help