cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1231 IOS does not upgrade

bblack
Level 1
Level 1

I have an AP1231G loaded with c1200-k9w7-tar.122-13.JA3.tar and would like to upgrade the IOS. I have downloaded c1200-k9w7-tar.123-7.JA3.tar, same as all my other AP's.

This AP has been dormant for some time and not been used, but I have verified that it does work.

Whenever I attempt to use the web-interface to upgrade, the only activity is in lower left hand corner where a message says starting upgrade....

Seems the AP gets stuck here, I have left it this way for several hours, more than enough time to upgrade.

Same thing happens when I attempt to use the TFTP upgrade from the web interface.

I did see a document that led me to believe I may need to step-up my versions, but even when I attempt 12.2(15) I have the same results.

The AP has been set back to factory default, IP of 10.0.0.1. I have a laptop connected via ether, I do have HTTP connectivity. I also have my workstation consoled into the AP.

I must be missing something obviouse, any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

bcolvin
Level 3
Level 3

Yes you missed the sentence that states due to the large file size, over 4mb you need to use TFTP to upload the file to the AP.

The TFTP server reccomened is TFTPD32 a freeware product.

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

The link will take you there if you don't have it already.

just use the TFTP tab on the GUI/HTTP update page.

Bill

Thanks, I have attempted to use TFTP upgrade previously. I did go ahead and download the newest version of TFTPd32 as was suggested. Now when I do the upgrade I get a window that states http://10.0.0.1 Polling window for software upgrade. The time from clicking Upgrade to this window opening is about 3-5 seconds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card