Views
Helpful
Replies

LS1010 - Changing ISP

cyberslee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am definitely over my head with LS1010.

Here is the situation and I am not at all familiar at all with the LS1010.

I have DS3 ATM circuit with Verizon and Verizon also was a ISP for my school. I am changing the ISP to another company and Verizon has mapped PVC from my school to the new ISP company. However, I have no idea how to change the information on the LS1010. I was told to change the following settings:

VCC

VCI

VPI

Can anyone help!!! I am supposed to do this on Friday!!!

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

graemeporter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I've never even seen these before. However, after a bit of digging on Cisco's website, I found this link which may help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps1893/products_configuration_guide_book09186a00800f4ef4.html

Hope it's of use!

EDIT: Picking at this document further at least shows that the LightStream 1010 runs some version of IOS, so configuration shouldn't be too difficult.

Have you ever used a Cisco device previously? If so, can you access the device and do "show run" and paste the configuration here?

Kind regards,

Graeme

Thanks for the reply!

The link seems very helpful. Unfortunately with limited experience with Cisco product, it will be a challenge to understand the document and how to configure it.

Once again, thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card