CCIE Lab Sudies

Unanswered Question
Aug 21st, 2007

Mu name is Joseph.

I currently hold the following certifications:

I worked in an ISP Backbone enviroment for the past 5 years.

Now im working in an WIMAX vendor company.

I would like to take the CCIE-LAB but i feel i still dont have the right knowledge&experience.

How do you recommend me to study and prepare myself to attend the lab.

I heard that the % of first time passers is about 2%.

Please advice.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Edison Ortiz Wed, 08/22/2007 - 17:25

1) You need to master the Lab blue-print

2) You need to master the DocCD

3) You need to spend a lot of time in the racks. You can either rent them online or purchase your own equipment. Many people are also using Dynamips for the CCIE preparation.

4) Purchase a workbook from one of the vendors and practice, practice, practice. Since you passed your CCIE Written, you have a basic foundation on most of the subjects, now you need to build your speed on solving complex problems.

5) Last but not least, join

cyphur353 Thu, 08/23/2007 - 06:11

A good forum to browse for Dynamips/Dynagen information is Covers both Dynamips, Dynagen, and Pemu.

I've done some basic EIGRP/OSPF/FR/Redistribution labs on dynamips, and it's just like remotely access the physical devices. I plan to augment it with either phsyical switches or rented rack time, as it cannot emulate the switches yet.

I've heard good things about the IEWB and the NMC work books.

srue Thu, 08/23/2007 - 06:14

I've also used dynamips for some ccie security lab stuff, it works just as advertised.

RamyElSisy Thu, 08/23/2007 - 20:31

I recommend you this approach for your study.

Assuming that you are kind of person who can mentor himself to achieve his objectives and successfully has CCSP and CCIE Written technologies? experience, go for below plan:

1- Evaluate yourself against CCIE lab exam blueprint from theoretical and hands on experience point of view

2- For any technology less than 90% for both above percentages, you have to go and read the full configuration guide for it from Cisco Doc DVD

3- Then go for Advanced Lab preparation work book like CCBootcamp Adv. Work book, for example, Each work book you practice adds more experience and add more confidence for your knowledge. Each work book need around 150-200 practicing hours, you can rent remote labs from

4- Highly recommended to attend a CCIE Security boot camp after finishing your 1st work book to fine tune all your knowledge in the right path and getting more exam tricks and skills.

This Discussion