cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H.323 forward digits

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

I have h323 gateway connected to CO isdn switch. when a public user dials the FQDN the h323 gateway sees the call coming in showing 6digits which is fine, but i would like to strip a further two digits from the start of the number, before forwarding the inbound call. How should this be achieved?

Ajaz

3 Replies 3

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

OK, I understand the following scenario:

PSTN --> CO --> H.323 --> ...

What is receiving the final 4 digits, the CCM server? if yes, then you can just set the Significant Digits field to 4 under Inbound Calls, this is done on the GW configuration page in CCM.

If something else is used then you could use a translation rule on the GW.

HTH

//Jorge

Jorge

The q931 incoming call set-up message displays 6digits called number - the CO switch done some digit stripping from the dialled E.164 number and I don't have a problem with that. Now, i would like to forward the last four digits to ccm. So, i need to strip the two left most digits before the call is forwarded.

i can see few option. num-exp, trans rule or forward-digits?

i have already tested num-exp but it is globally applied as you know. This does the job, however, imo this is not the most elegant solution.

Ajaz

Not applicable

If you are sending these digits to CCM, you can set the significant digits on the inbound call for the gateway/trunk to 4.

To strip the digits in the gateway, use tranlation-rules

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008086f2e2.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: