Job changing acording CCIE CISCO policy

Unanswered Question
Aug 22nd, 2007

Hi to all,

A little explanation:

1. I want to change my job place into another company

2. The current company is a Cisco Premier Partner, and I am involved into one Cisco Specialization Role. Now, the target is Silver Partner.

3. I am currently preparing the CCIE Lab Exam.

4. I want to know when I must switch the job (of course, after if I will succeed ) to be compliant with CCIE policy requirements* and not to wait those 12** months ?

Thanks a lot,

"Gaining Partner

If a partner hires a CCIE away from another Cisco certified or specialized partner, Cisco will not count this individual toward certification or specialization for the hiring partner for a period of 12** months from the date of hire. This rule does not apply if a Cisco certified or specialized partner terminated the CCIE. In this case, Cisco will require documentation from the partner that terminated the CCIE."

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
cyphur353 Wed, 08/22/2007 - 08:25

If you pass the CCIE with your current company, the new company will not get the credit towards partner requirements for 12 months following the hire-on date.

Not sure if your current company would retain the credit, since you aren't there. This policy doesn't prevent you from changing jobs, just addresses poaching between partners, and restricts who gets the credit when.

ionr Wed, 08/22/2007 - 09:10

Thanks for your response.

Yes, this is the issue : If I will go to another company my CCIE cannot be counted for 12 months ... but ..

1. In this moment , for the current company certification (Premier) the CCIE is not needed.

2. According to the audit document the "12 months" is in place only if there are some impacts for the current partner certification.

3. As far I understand if I will leave the company, till the Silver Partner is obtained, I am not under "12 months". Correct or not ?

In fact, this is my question at point 3.

cyphur353 Wed, 08/22/2007 - 13:17

If the new company hiring you is Silver or Gold, it would appear it applies to them. But, that is merely my interpretation after a little research, and I do not work for Cisco.

ionr Wed, 08/22/2007 - 23:44

Thanks cypur,

Every information is very usefull.

This Discussion