How to verify adequate disk space prior to upgrading?

Unanswered Question
Aug 22nd, 2007

Page 9 of the release notes for upgrading to 5.1(2b)says to verify that there is adequate disk space prior upgrading. Using the OS Administration, the disk space usage reported indicates that I don't have enough disk space. Of 12 Gigs in each of the active and inactive partitions, about 92 percent is used and only about 8 percent (less than 1 gig) is available. The release notes say that I need 3 times the size of patch file availabe (about 4.5 gigs).

My real question is, do I need to delete all files from the inactive partition prior to upgrading, or will the upgrade process do that for me?

Thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pblower Wed, 08/22/2007 - 05:33

Closer reading indicates that the space is needed on the "common" partition - not the active or inactive partition, in which case I have enough disk space to proceed with the upgrade from CUCM 5.1(2a) to 5.1(2b).

Tommer Catlin Wed, 09/19/2007 - 08:30

you can use the Data Migration Assistant from CCO. After you login look in the CCM utlities and download and install on your pub. It will give you a report based on the version you want to upgrade. (disk space, etc)

Actions

This Discussion