cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to verify adequate disk space prior to upgrading?

pblower
Level 1
Level 1

Page 9 of the release notes for upgrading to 5.1(2b)says to verify that there is adequate disk space prior upgrading. Using the OS Administration, the disk space usage reported indicates that I don't have enough disk space. Of 12 Gigs in each of the active and inactive partitions, about 92 percent is used and only about 8 percent (less than 1 gig) is available. The release notes say that I need 3 times the size of patch file availabe (about 4.5 gigs).

My real question is, do I need to delete all files from the inactive partition prior to upgrading, or will the upgrade process do that for me?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

pblower
Level 1
Level 1

Closer reading indicates that the space is needed on the "common" partition - not the active or inactive partition, in which case I have enough disk space to proceed with the upgrade from CUCM 5.1(2a) to 5.1(2b).

you can use the Data Migration Assistant from CCO. After you login look in the CCM utlities and download and install on your pub. It will give you a report based on the version you want to upgrade. (disk space, etc)