cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lms2.6 master/slave setup

r.kallfass
Level 1
Level 1

I have two cisco server, if i adjust the slave server in mode slave i become the following error

Error in configuring the slave because Domain IDs of this machine and Master are same

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The GROUP_ID also needs to match the last portion of your DCR_ID. In this case, use GROUP_IDs:

DCR_GROUP_ID=Group2000487

DCR_GROUP_ID=Group7644323

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like you restored a backup from one server to another. This is fine, but you need to adjust dcr.ini to make the domain IDs unique on each server. Edit NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/dcr/dcr.ini, and make sure the DCR_ID value is unique on both servers. It's best to adjust the value so that the hostname is used in both cases.

Yes, i restored a backup from one server to another. But the DCR_ID's are not the same, looks like

DCR_ID=AS55-DCR-2000487

DCR_ID=VMAS07-DCR-7644323

Only the DCR_GROUP_ID is the same

The GROUP_ID also needs to match the last portion of your DCR_ID. In this case, use GROUP_IDs:

DCR_GROUP_ID=Group2000487

DCR_GROUP_ID=Group7644323

Out of curiosity, could both DCR_ID and GROUP_ID ever become identical across both servers, after restoring one's backup to the other? If so, how would one find out what the second (the restore target) server's DCR_ID is really supposed to be?

It just needs to be unique. You can pick anything you want.

Now it runs, thanks for your fast help