Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express - where's the license??

mark.hall
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to install IPCC express (3.5(3) from the bundle of disks received as part of CCM 4.1(3) - however I'm prompted with "Product License Path" (with a browse button) early on in the installation. I've been told that the licenses are on one of the disks, but I cant find them (searched for .lic, license subdirectory etc). I know it's only licensed for five users, but it's more of a proof of concept at this stage and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

Have you tried this method to acquire the License file;

Using the Product Activation Key to Register

After you install the operating system but before you install Cisco CRA 3.1, you need to register your purchase.

Your copy of Cisco CRA 3.x includes a unique Product Activation Key (PAK) that you use to register your product purchase. You can find the PAK on the sleeve that contains CD 1.

If you have already installed Cisco CRA and are purchasing additional product licenses, you will receive a Software License Claim Certificate that provides a PAK for the additional licenses.

After you register your purchase, you will receive a confirmation e-mail that contains the appropriate license file(s). The Cisco CRA installer uses the license files to validate your product purchase and to determine which components to install on your server.

To register your PAK on the Cisco Connection Online Customer Registration web page, follow these steps:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Locate your Product Activation Key (PAK).

Your PAK is on the sleeve that contains CD 1 or, if you have already installed CRA 3.1 and you are adding components, on the Software License Claim Certificate that you received with your order.

Step 2 If you are a registered user of Cisco Connection Online, use this URL to access the Cisco Connection Online Customer Registration web page:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/Licensing/PrivateRegistrationServlet

The Cisco Connection Online Customer web page appears.

Step 3 Enter your customer information and PAK.

The registration page validates your order and e-mails the appropriate license file(s) to you.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a0080193e6d.html#1182842

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply - very much appreciated. I'd already tried 'registering' the PAK with cisco, but I each time I try I get an error stating that my PAK code is not a valid one (it's legitimate!!!). Is it 'timed' to expire (bought approx this time last year if my memory serves)???.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark,

Open a TAC case explaining the situation with your PAK. They can help you with this issue.

I have had some problems with PAK codes and they have solved the problem.

Hope this helps,

Juan Luis

Hi Mark,

Just to add a note to the good info from Juan Luis, you could also try firing off an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Give them all pertinant information (Corporate name,address etc) along with purchase date, PAK # . They are ultimately the ones who will issue your license file via email.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks both for this info. I'm going to try e-mailing licensing@cisco.com first and see how I get on - fingers crossed!!

Many thanks.

Mark