cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME Intl destination-pattern

silex
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a pots dial-peer that will allow users to make international calls. we are running call manager express 4.1. Does anyone have an example of a working destination-pattern that will allow any international call from theU.K I have trawled cisco web site and looked at SRND for any examples that I could adjust for U.K but without success

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This is our dial-peer for international calls. We're also U.K based.

dial-peer voice 7 pots

corlist outgoing call-international

description ** International **

destination-pattern 900T

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

port 0/0/1:15

prefix 00

View solution in original post

glenn.white
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the last post by d.bigerstaff is a correct config and there are various other ways in which to reach the same goal (eg applying an outbound translation rule or profile to the dial-peer that just removes the leading 9) but read on if you were maybe interested in why the previous config worked...

By default, when the digits are read by the router, it will automatically strip digits that are explicitly written and then pass the extra digits that are implicitly defined.

In other words, 900 will be stripped and "T" digits will be passed. By adding the "prefix 00" to the dial-peer config means that the "00" will be added at the beginning of the implicitly defined digits.

Hope that's clear and helps your understanding.

Glenn

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

You can create something like this

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

port

In the CCM you can create a route pattern 9.!# and point it to the voice gateway.

Users would be required to use a prefix of 9 before dialing intl.

HTH

Narayan

I mean specifically for international calls

and also ccm express. I appreciate 9T will work but the inter digit timeout will be too long.

for a callManager In the U.K the dial pattern would be 900!

but that will not work on call manager express, I am looking for the equivalent, so that I can use it in a Dial peer

Well following is the configuration i have done on our CCME in UK

dial-peer voice 1 pots

translation-profile incoming 1

destination-pattern 9.T

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:15

you can ignore the translation profile as it is for incoming calls.

The interdifit timeouts could be configured under the telephony service

MS_UK_CME_R01(config)#telephony-service

MS_UK_CME_R01(config-telephony)#timeouts ?

busy Busy timeout in seconds after connect

interdigit Interdigit timeout in seconds

ringing Ringing timeout in seconds

HTH

Narayan

This is our dial-peer for international calls. We're also U.K based.

dial-peer voice 7 pots

corlist outgoing call-international

description ** International **

destination-pattern 900T

progress_ind alert enable 8

progress_ind progress enable 8

progress_ind connect enable 8

port 0/0/1:15

prefix 00

glenn.white
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the last post by d.bigerstaff is a correct config and there are various other ways in which to reach the same goal (eg applying an outbound translation rule or profile to the dial-peer that just removes the leading 9) but read on if you were maybe interested in why the previous config worked...

By default, when the digits are read by the router, it will automatically strip digits that are explicitly written and then pass the extra digits that are implicitly defined.

In other words, 900 will be stripped and "T" digits will be passed. By adding the "prefix 00" to the dial-peer config means that the "00" will be added at the beginning of the implicitly defined digits.

Hope that's clear and helps your understanding.

Glenn

Thanks for your reply. For the other Dial-peers I have used the "forward-digits n" command. My understanding is that the Intl calls are variable length, so obviously forward digits command isn't relevant.

As you say, prefix with 00.

thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: