Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking Yahoogroups

I would like to block yahoogroups mailinglist for certain users, and allowed for others.

Here's what I do using message filter

yahoogroups_test_filter2: if (mail-from == '@returns.groups.yahoo.com') AND not(RCPT-TO-DICTIONARY-MATCH ('AllowedYahoogroups')) {
notify('xxx@domain.com');
drop();
}

but this mean that the email I reject still entering my IronPort,

I want to drop during the SMTP conversation before the data being send.

anybody could with this?

this feature is available in the postfix, and I want to implement it in the IronPort.

--
Herman

2 Replies 2

I wouldn't worry about the email getting to the message filters stage of the pipeline. The performance impact is negligible.

If you want Yahoo to unsubscribe these disallowed recipients you could generate a bounce message rather than doing a drop().

Donald Nash
Level 3
Level 3

You could do this via LDAP acceptance queries. Acceptance queries allow for the envelope sender address to be part of the query. You'd then need a special LDAP server that could implement your policy rather than being a simple directory.

But I have to agree with bvanzant, it's not a big deal to reject these via a message filter in the work queue. Unless your MGA is overloaded and rejecting these messages would constitute a huge savings, it's just not worth the effort. Just bounce them (so Yahoo gets the message), and be done with it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: