cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What's the best product to replace Ciscoworks

dagyb
Level 1
Level 1

Now that Cisco's abandoning LMS 2.5 what is everyone going to, I haven't found anyone that is going to use LMS 2.6. I'm evaluating Solarwinds right now, it seems as though it might work but it sure isn't as slick as 2.5 was. I was also told about a company called Opsware but I heard it was expensive, has anybody found anything that works as good as 2.5 did?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco is not abandoning LMS. LMS 2.5 was revved to LMS 2.6, which a lot of people are currently using (it's a free upgrade to LMS 2.5). From there, we have also released LMS 3.0. LMS 2.6 will be sold along side 3.0 for a while, and we are currently offering a 40% off discount for existing customers to upgrade to 3.0.

Yes, LMS 2.6 will eventually go end of life, but the LMS product line will continue. If you like the features of LMS, you should stick with it.

I "upgraded" from 2.5 to 2.6 but it wasn't really an upgrade it was a whole new product and I didn't like it at all. After about a month I couldn't take it any more and wiped the server and reinstalled 2.5, which was a great product, but since it's no longer supported what can I do now? Are there any evals on 3.0? What's eveyone else going to use?

I think you're confusing versions. LMS 2.5 and 2.6 look practically identical. There were only a few minor UI improvements in 2.6.

Yes, there are LMS 3.0 evals. Contact your account team to get a copy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: