cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call unhold fails between CME and CCM over ICT

JASON WELCH
Level 1
Level 1

We have a remote CME site (v.3.3) and a central CCM site (4.1.3sr4d). The sites use an ICT for calls between the two sites. Calls between the two sites are successful. However, if there is a call between the central site and the remote site and the central site (CCM) puts the remote site call on hold, then tries to resume the call, both phones (central and remote) act as if the call is still on hold. After approximately 10 seconds the call is disconnected. I've had an open case with TAC for three weeks now (two different engineers) and they can't give me a solution. According to them the debugs and traces that we have run indicate that the call is clearing normally.

Any help that anyone can provide is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

AFAIK, for supplimentary services to work between CME and CCM ICT, you need MTP. To aviod using MTP, you need to add CME as H323 Gateway on CallManager.

Thank you very much for the reply. I would like to avoid using MTP, so I have taken your advice and configured the CME router as an h323 gateway on our CCM cluster, following the examples here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094636.shtml#iosvoice

I removed the ICT configuration from the CCM cluster, but now the two sites cannot call each other. The new h323 gateway's status in the CCM cluster is listed as "not found". Any ideas as to what I may be missing from the configuration?

Thank you again for your response.

Apparently patience is a virtue........and so is reloading the gateway :)

After the reload and a little more time the gateway registered and now everything is working great.

Thank you again for your help; you've done what TAC couldn't do in three weeks.

Thanks for the kind words and great to be of help.

EDIT: On a side note, even I'm with TAC. We do the best we can, except sometimes, we are humans :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: