cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost Call Manager Password any recovery utilities recomended

248SHaune
Level 1
Level 1

We have lost the administrator password to our Subscriber. The only options are password recovery utilities or a complete rebuid. Has anyone tried any password recovery tools on a 4.13 Call Manager and if so which one?

12 Replies 12

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dushaune,

I have only used this in a Lab setting to change/recover passwords, but it worked like a charm :)

Check Password Synchronization with the Admin Utility in the Cisco CallManager Cluster

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080557ba5.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Make sure to run this after hours as it is service effecting!

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

The Administrator Password on the Publisher and Subscriber should be the same. Having the password for this account different is for sure going to cause more issues than anything else.

AdminUtility would reset the password and sync it, but only for all the Service account, but not for CallManager. I guess the only option here would be to use a Windows 2000 Password Recovery Tool (If any available). I've personally never had a chance to get/use any such tool

hi

and what about password recovery in CCM 5.x? is there any way/tool?

hi mchandak

i tried as stated in the iptplatform admin guide, i logged to

http://server-name/iptplatform

i used

Username: pwrecovery

Password: pwreset

but it gives Errors encountered,

Your username and password are not valid

can help pls?

thanks

What is the exact CM version ??

We are running CM Version 4.13

it is CCM 5.1

With Windows based CM, as I'd mentioned earlier, I'm not aware of any such tool being available. Please try to use a Windows Password recovery tool and see if that works. Else, the only option is to rebuild the box

I tried this on my server and it worked fine. Only thing is that I did a SSH to the Server and not Web. Can you SSH and see if this works for you or not.

hi mchandak

ok i SSHed to it:

login as: pwrecovry

pwrecovery@10.90.2.10's password:

Access denied

pwrecovery@10.90.2.10's password:

this is the output!

note that i used the pwreset password

?

Can you try this from the console of the server ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: